Frequently Asked Questions

These pages are for reporting things which are broken, dirty, damaged or dumped, and need fixing, cleaning or clearing, such as:

  • abandoned vehicles
  • graffiti
  • flytipping and dumped rubbish
  • street cleaning, such as dog fouling and street sweeping
  • unlit lamp posts
  • park repairs, such as broken fences or playground equipment
  • potholes
What issues can’t be reported here?

The following problems should be reported via

  • missed rubbish or recycling collections
  • anti-social behaviour
  • noise pollution or barking dogs
  • fires and smoke/smell pollution
  • proposals for speed bumps/ CCTV/ pedestrian crossings/ new road layouts/ etc.
  • complaining about your neighbours
  • complaining or commenting about the council

Note, the council does not maintain responsibility for problems on private land or TfL roads (A21 and part of the A232, West Wickham to Locksbottom). Reports on TfL roads will be automatically routed to TfL.

What do I do if I'm having problems logging a report or using FixMyStreet?
If you encounter issues in logging your report you can contact us via this form and select the dropdown of FixMyStreet. We will then look into the problems you may have experienced.
Reporting emergencies (out of hours)

Please do not report problems which present an immediate risk to life, for example missing manhole covers or a fallen lamp column.

Please direct your enquiry to our Out of Hours service

How do I report a problem here?
After entering a postcode or location, you are shown a map of that area. You can view problems already reported in that area, or report ones of your own by clicking on the map at the location of the problem.
How are the problems solved?
They are reported directly to us so we can then resolve the problem. You can also discuss the problem on the website with others if you wish.
Do you remove or redact content?
Bromley Council and FixMyStreet are not responsible for the content and accuracy of material submitted by its users, however we reserve the right to edit or remove any problems or updates which we consider to be inappropriate. Reports or comments deemed sensitive, personal, political, libellous or contentious in nature may be edited or removed from the site.
Can I use FixMyStreet on my mobile?
Yes a special mobile friendly version is available to report problem in Bromley’s streets or parks.
Is there an app I can download?

Yes, see our instructions on how to download the Bromley Council reporting app.

Can I use these pages to report problems outside of the London Borough of Bromley?
Yes, if you enter a postcode or address outside the borough you will be re-directed to the main FixMyStreet site that will enable you to report problems elsewhere. FixMyStreet will forward these on to the relevant council.
The site is powered by FixMyStreet, who are they?
FixMyStreet was built by mySociety, in conjunction with the Young Foundation. mySociety is a registered charity, number 1076346, which has grown out of the community of volunteers who built sites like TheyWorkForYou. mySociety’s primary mission is to build Internet projects which give people simple, tangible benefits in the civic and community aspects of their lives. mySociety can be contacted by email at, or by post at mySociety, 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS.
Why does the site use kilometres for measurements?
The British national grid reference system, devised by Ordnance Survey (the British national mapping agency) around the time of the second world war, uses eastings and northings measured in metres and kilometres; the maps we use are from Ordnance Survey and so this is what we use to display distances. There you have it: not everything British is in miles!
Why can’t I zoom out more on the reporting map?
We want to keep reports locally focused, so we restrict the ability to move radically between areas. The map on Your Reports will let you see all the reports you’ve made, wherever they are.
I’d like a site like this for my own location/ where’s the "source code" to this site?
The mySociety software behind this site is open source, and available under the GNU Affero GPL software license. You can download the source code and help mySociety develop it. You’re welcome to use it in your own projects, although you must also make available the source code to any such projects. Fiksgatami is an example of our code being used in a Norwegian version of this site.

Privacy Questions

Who gets to see my email address?

If you submit a problem, your details, and details of the problem, will be submitted to Bromley Council. Other than the council, only people we authorise to view the FixMyStreet administration interface will be able to see your email address and they will never use it for anything other than to help administer FixMyStreet.

We will never give or sell your email address to anyone else, unless we are obliged to by law. Your name will not be published anywhere unless you let us.

What emails will you send to me?
We will email you when we have received your report, and when it has been investigated and actioned. We will only send you emails that relate to an issue you have reported.