Tree needs pruning
Reported via mobile in the Tree Requires Pruning category anonymously at 06:59, Saturday 13 August 2022
Sent to Bromley Council less than a minute later
Overgrown tree needs pruning
Thank you for your report, this is now being investigated. Information on our services and the timeframes we aim to respond in can be found: http://www.bromley.gov.uk/ fixservices
State changed to: In progress
Posted by Bromley Council at 07:00, Saturday 13 August 2022
Thank you for the enquiry, No action is to be taken regarding the reported tree, please note that as outlined in our Tree Management Strategy (https://www.bromley.gov.uk/ downloads/ file/ 3334/ tree_management_strategy_2016-2020) the Council will not prune trees in relation to the following:
• Branches overhanging properties - residents have the right to exorcise their right under Common Law to prune back branches to their property boundary;
• Where a tree is thought be overly large.
• Interference with satellite, TV or other media reception.
• Branches and/or limbs in physical contact with telephone wires - telephone wires are plastic coated and faults on the line are very rarely caused by contact with branches.
• Excessive leaf fall: this is a seasonal problem and residents are expected to clear any leaf litter falling on their properties themselves. Leaf fall on the highway will be addressed through our street cleansing regime.
• Fruit fall: this is a seasonal problem and residents are expected to clear any fruit falling on their properties themselves. Fruit fall on the highway will be addressed through our street cleansing regime.
• Problems associated with pollen.
• Excreta caused by insects or birds: honeydew (aphid excreta) and bird droppings are not sticky sap are not recognised in law as a ‘legal nuisance’
• Obstruction of view: there are no rights associated with maintaining trees in accordance with maintaining views in British law
• Lack of light: there is no ‘Right to light’ (or shade) in British law.
State changed to: No further action
Posted by Bromley Council at 12:46, Tuesday 16 August 2022
We have investigated this report and have made contact with the report originator to outline further details. This report is now closed on FixMyStreet.
Posted by Bromley Council at 12:48, Tuesday 16 August 2022