Tree needs cutting down & totally removing
Reported via mobile in the Tree Requires Pruning category anonymously at 10:00, Thursday 1 June 2023
Sent to Bromley Council less than a minute later. FixMyStreet ref: 4618260.
We have noticed on our road there are signs saying some trees are being cut but not on the one outside 240 Eden way. I want to know if this is being sorted as ive complained about this in the past & not had a response about it. Last time in the winter it drops berries all over our car & drive, its half dead & its on our drop down only tree in the road on a drop down & its a pain to get in & out if someone parks right up to our drive. Its too big & blocks out the light. Please can this be removed asap! I am fed up with keep asking. I brought up the problem a few years ago to be told we dont cut trees anymore. So please sort it.
Thank you for your report, this is now being investigated. Information on our services and the timeframes we aim to respond in can be found: http://www.bromley.gov.uk/ fixservices
State changed to: In progress
Posted by Bromley Council at 10:00, Thursday 1 June 2023
Thank you for your enquiry. This tree has recently been inspected by a qualified Tree Officer, and work to remove the dead branches is imminent. Our contractor will complete this work as soon as they are able to.
Posted by Bromley Council at 12:41, Thursday 1 June 2023
Thank you for using FixMyStreet to report your concerns to Bromley.
State changed to: No further action
Posted by Bromley Council at 12:44, Thursday 1 June 2023
The tree surgeons are here this morning & its not on there list to do they agreed with me that its half dead & it should be dealt with. So please can someone deal with this we want it removed, asap. The winter its dangerous with all the berries falling & when its wet its a hazard not just on the pavement but on our drive way its dangerous for our children as too slippery. Also it treads into our house & car. I would love it to be replaced with a nice tree, or taken away for good as it blocks out the light & is on our drop down now its so big its blocking the view.
Posted anonymously at 09:04, Friday 2 June 2023
Please reply to the above posted Friday i still haven't got a decent response, i forgot to add the tree is overhanging our driveway so its on our property. Please tell me asap that you are dealing with it & when this will be sorted as you haven't really given a proper response.
Posted anonymously at 07:22, Monday 5 June 2023
Thank you for your update. This tree has recently been inspected by a qualified Tree Officer, and work to remove the dead branches is imminent. Our contractor will complete this work as soon as they are able to.
Posted by Bromley Council at 09:36, Tuesday 6 June 2023
Its not just the dead branches!! Its overhanging our property! Its a hazard in the winter & dangerous for our children slipping on the berries, treading in the berries other members of the public slipping on the pavement when its wet, it needs totally removing!
Posted anonymously at 11:02, Tuesday 6 June 2023
No action is to be taken regarding the reported tree, apart from the removal of dead branches, please note that as outlined in our Tree Management Strategy (https://www.bromley.gov.uk/ downloads/ file/ 3334/ tree_management_strategy_2016-2020) the Council will not prune trees in relation to the following:
• Branches overhanging properties - residents have the right to exorcise their right under Common Law to prune back branches to their property boundary;
• Where a tree is thought be overly large;
• Interference with satellite, TV or other media reception;
• Branches and/or limbs in physical contact with telephone wires - telephone wires are plastic coated and faults on the line are very rarely caused by contact with branches;
• Excessive leaf fall: this is a seasonal problem and residents are expected to clear any leaf litter falling on their properties themselves. Leaf fall on the highway will be addressed through our street cleansing regime.
• Fruit fall: this is a seasonal problem and residents are expected to clear any fruit falling on their properties themselves. Fruit fall on the highway will be addressed through our street cleansing regime.
• Problems associated with pollen.
• Excreta caused by insects or birds: honeydew (aphid excreta) and bird droppings are not sticky sap are not recognised in law as a ‘legal nuisance’
• Obstruction of view: there are no rights associated with maintaining trees in accordance with maintaining views in British law
• Lack of light: there is no ‘Right to light’ (or shade) in British law.
Posted by Bromley Council at 13:09, Wednesday 7 June 2023
The tree 0n the pavement outside 217 eden way has a large hole in the base of the tree and look to be rotten at the base
Posted anonymously at 11:18, Wednesday 28 June 2023
We ask that new and separate occurrences of issues are logged as new reports to avoid conflicting information or updates and ensure the information is passed promptly to our teams and contractors. Please log the issue via https://fix.bromley.gov.uk as a new report using the map marker and description to detail where the issue is located. Please note that if the location you wish to mark is already occupied by a pin, you can hide the map pins via the button in the bottom left or you can click a nearby free section of the map to drop your green reporting pin so that all other yellow pins indicating existing reports disappear, you can then click and drag your green pin to the correct location and continue submitting your report.
Posted by Bromley Council at 13:04, Wednesday 28 June 2023