You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Start new report here Reposition report here
Back to all reports

Trees in Scadbury encroaching on house and one large dead tree

Reported via desktop in the Tree Requires Pruning category anonymously at 10:35, Wednesday 19 June 2024

Sent to Bromley Council less than a minute later. FixMyStreet ref: 6126362.

The trees in Scadbury along the boundary with Woodside, Old Perry Street are overhanging the driveway and encroaching on the house. These trees need to be pruned so that they are not overhanging the driveway. There is also one very large tree that is dead (shown by blue arrows in attached photos) and needs to be felled. This tree is close enough to the house that if it falls it poses a danger to the house and the residents.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your report, this is now being investigated. Information on our services and the timeframes we aim to respond in can be found: fixservices

    State changed to: In progress

    Posted by Bromley Council at 10:36, Wednesday 19 June 2024

  • Our contractor has been notified to take the appropriate action.

    Posted by Bromley Council at 09:08, Friday 21 June 2024

  • Thank you for your enquiry. Please note in line with the Bromley Tree Management Strategy ( trees/ tree-management-strategy-2023-2027) The council will not prune or remove trees because they overhang property boundaries, which under common law the homeowner is entitled to do. However, it is noted that the Sycamores are in conflict (close proximity) to building structure (house).

    Works are raised to cut back to boundary tees in conflict with building structure (house). Separately, works are raised to fell the Large ash with ash die back (<25% live canopy). The works are in hand to be completed by the contractor.

    Posted by Bromley Council at 09:10, Friday 21 June 2024

Provide an update

Please note that new and separate occurrences of issues should be logged as new reports, to avoid conflicting information or updates and ensure the information is passed promptly to our teams. Please log any new issue via using the map marker and description to detail where the issue is located.

Next: Tell us about you

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a London Borough of Bromley - Report a problem in Bromley’s streets or parks password?

Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy.